Like my page! :)

Monday, May 2, 2011

Product Review: Sun Blocks

Because of the summer heat, we want to go to the beach and bathe under the sun without knowing what harm it could bring to our skin. Luckily, sunblock was invented!
Sunblock protects your skin from sun damage. Applying sunblock helps to shield you from harmful sun rays and to prevent skin darkening and dark spots.
I really hate getting dark and having uneven skin tones so, before going to Puerto Galera, I stopped by at Watsons to buy the product.
Here are the photos and my take on what I bought.

DISCLAIMER: These are based from my opinion and experience. I was not paid by anyone.
I bought Beach Hut's MAX 100++ SPF and SUNPLAY SPF 130.


Let us start with Beach Hut's MAX 100++ SPF.

Beach Hut's MAX 100++ SPF claims:
"Unbelievably light lotion sunblock. It’s here! Experience extreme high spf protection without the messy and oily feel like other lotion sunblock. It has micronized zinc oxide and is uber light on skin, quick drying, and gives you that non messy, non sticky sheer feeling while offering up to 99% maximum protection from UVA/UVB rays that causes sunburn, skin cancer and skin darkening. "
Front View
Back View

Yes! It's true! 100++ SPF!
The highest SPF for Beach Hut!
Now for SUNPLAY SPF 130.
SUNPLAY SPF 130 claims:

"Highest SPF 130 PA+++ for long hour protection against UVA and UVB.
Helps to prevent sunburn and premature aging. Japan "Watery Liquid" formulation is non greasy. Its water-like texture is extremely light & smooth on skin. Super waterproof formula which does not require frequent re-application. Non-comedogenic (does not clog pores). Ideal for long hour outdoor sports and water activities. Dermatologist tested.
"


Front View

Back View
The writings are in Japanese.


Highest SPF I have seen so far! :D

When applied:
LEFT- SUNPLAY
RIGHT- BEACH HUT


Verdict:
BEACH HUT:
Two thumbs up for:
  • 100 ml content which means more product!
  • non-messy and easy to apply.

Dislikes:
  • It gives you a white cast on the skin.
  • It's quite thick like other sunblocks.
  • Should re-apply more often.
  • Messy spout :(
SUNPLAY SPF 130:
Two thumbs up for:
  • The highest SPF I ever seen and purchased!
  • Thin watery texture that feels light on the skin.
  • The triangle-shaped spout.


Dislikes:
  • You can buy only 30 ml of the product but in my 3 days in the beach, I never ran out of this product. I guess less is more! :p


If you love your skin apply sunblock! I know I'm paranoid when it comes to my skin but hey! Preventing skin darkening from the sun is key! :)

How about you? Have you tried these babies?
What is your take on them?

Have a great day lovelies!


No comments: